Re: touchpad don't work at startup

Le Mardi 22 Novembre 2005 05:16, David R. Litwin a écrit :
> > Hi!
> >
> > I've added "psmouse.proto=imps" in my grub's "menu.lst" file for the
> > kernel I
> > boot, and everything works fine.
> > edit /boot/grub/menu.lst and add "psmouse.proto=imps" on the line
> > corresponding to your kernel
>
> If I can jump in, the only way that my touchpad works is if I disable USB
> Legacy in the BIOS. Surely there must be a better way of getting it to work
> with out having to do thisr, yes?
>
> I have Sid, Xorg and the latest udev (which has replaced (some how)
> hotplug). I also use the package which adds a modules to the Control Centre
> in KDE (3.4.2), so I don't have the XFree86-Synaptic-Touchpad-Driver. I
> amn't too sure what driver I have; I think evdev.
>
> If you need any other information, please ask me and I will try to tell
> you.
>
> Thanks much.

Well, in fact I have the same config as you have, though not udev but still
hotplug I think (with 2.6.14.2 hand compiled kernel)
I don't use the synaptics driver since the line "psmouse.proto=imps" bypasses
the driver...

did you check www.linux-laptops.net ?
I found my solution there by looking at some laptops resembling mine and the
links proposed...

Good luck...