Re: Store pop mail locally or in database

On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 16:16 +0100, Philippe Dhont (Sea-ro) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I use some different servers and also mail servers.
> I catch all e-mail (in and out) of the company in one mailbox that i
> receive via a pop account in my debian thunderbird.

All of *your* email, or all of *everyone*'s email?

If for everyone, since it comes in thru your own pop account, how
do you determine who it is really to

> Does anyone knows a possibility to store that e-mail in a database or
> locally on a harddisk like a file server ?
> (the e-mail may be stored as plain text).
>
> This because i have to keep all e-mails for a certain time but the
> problem is that there are so much and thunderbird can't take it all...

This sounds suspiciously like SARBOX compliance.

That task is something that should be handled by the MTA.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Do you really think the Moon is not there when you're not
looking?"
Einstein, on quantum mechanics