Store pop mail locally or in database

Title: Store pop mail locally or in database

Hello,

I use some different servers and also mail servers.
I catch all e-mail (in and out) of the company in one mailbox that i receive via a pop account in my debian thunderbird.

Does anyone knows a possibility to store that e-mail in a database or locally on a harddisk like a file server ?
(the e-mail may be stored as plain text).

This because i have to keep all e-mails for a certain time but the problem is that there are so much and thunderbird can't take it all...

Thnx & grtz!
Phil.