Re: Request to remove Information

Gene Heskett said...
> On Wednesday 23 November 2005 14:35, marc wrote:
> >Katipo said...
> >>
> >> The evolutionary path of the corporate politician.
> >> And nobody permitted to climb to any 'higher level', within the
> >> organisation, until the ethical base of the individual has been
> >> appropriately compromised.
> >>
> >> History is full of examples of nations attempting to change nations,
> >> families attempting to change families, and individuals attempting to
> >> bring about change in individuals, when the only way change can be
> >> brought about in the external environment, is by way of change within
> >> the individual.
> >>
> >> What happens when the individual no longer exists?
> >>
> >> Because, in the future, existence without the organisation is going
> >> to become increasingly difficult.
> >> The 'organisation' is extending its boundaries to match nationalistic
> >> ones, and the new ethic will be taught from birth.
> >
> >It's a brave new world ;-)
>
> Isn't this the scenario George Orwell tried to warn us about 21 years
> ago?  Sure bears an amazing resemblance.

'1984' was published in 1949. You'd have thought he'd feel a bit more
positive after WWII, but I guess he wasn't to be fooled. 'Brave new
world' was published in 1932.

And the insatiable power-junkies in our employ, er, politicos. like to
think that they're *so* "modern", "progressive" and continually "moving
forward" :-o

Personally, I prefer BNW's irony to 1984's. 1984 is geared toward the
state taking control by force, whereas BNW has folk being far more
compliant. Chillingly accurate. Probably not for you if you bought an
iPod, though ;-)

I sometimes think that the world I live in is Huxleys', whereas the
world I perceive through the media is Orwell's.

Wiki says - for the uninitiated:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brave_new_world

--