Re: Stock Sarge segfaults, and later crashes!

On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 12:56:48AM -0200, Rogério Brito wrote:
> On Nov 23 2005, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> > The moral of the story is that hardware can go bad all of a sudden
> > with no warning.
>
> Yet another moral of the story: be paranoid and keep your backups. I
> don't leave home when going to work without backing up my system with
> mondo.

Good point.  Personally, I have my workstation daily back up /root,
/var/backups, /etc, /home and the package selections to my file server.
My workstation takes hourly (going back 4 hours), daily (going back 4
days) and weekly (going back 4 weeks) snapshots automatically using
systemimager and a cron job I setup.  That way, both machines would have
to die simultaneously to caus a problem.  Of course, for good measure, I
manually keep /home synchronized to my laptop.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto