Re: touchpad don't work at startup

Hi!

I've added "psmouse.proto=imps" in my grub's "menu.lst" file for the kernel I
boot, and everything works fine.
edit /boot/grub/menu.lst and add "psmouse.proto=imps" on the line
corresponding to your kernel

If I can jump in, the only way that my touchpad works is if I disable USB Legacy in the BIOS. Surely there must be a better way of getting it to work with out having to do thisr, yes?

I have Sid, Xorg and the latest udev (which has replaced (some how) hotplug). I also use the package which adds a modules to the Control Centre in KDE (3.4.2), so I don't have the XFree86-Synaptic-Touchpad-Driver. I amn't too sure what driver I have; I think evdev.

If you need any other information, please ask me and I will try to tell you.

Thanks much.

--
—A watched bread-crumb never boils.
—My hover-craft is full of eels.