Re: Printing & CUPS & filters.

Egor Tur wrote:
Hi folk.

Some questions:

1. Are there anywhere repositories of cups filters in public?
The debian cupsys package only have some few filters and supported file formats. For exapmle we need filters for raster pcx and tga image to postscript or pcl.
    (We had a try for writing these filters but they not correctly work)

See http://linuxprinting.org

2. How we can correctly solve a problem of printing of jobs with not supported formats? For example reject these jobs (MS World files, RTF, some images). Now these jobs print as raw format. But we cannot delete support raw because have many jobs in binary PCL formats created by windows drivers or other not Unix systems.

I'am not sure I understand your question. You can directly print (by lpr) just a few formats (.ps, .pdf, perhaps a little more). If you want to print another document, just open it with a program that understand the file format and select File -> Print. openoffice is generally capable to open most word files.

Olive