Re: dialup modem recommendation for debian sagre?

On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 06:28:44AM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> The only dialup modem to get is an external USRobotics 56K modem. It
> hooks up to your serial port and is always recognized w/o driver
> needs.  I will never ever get another modem. I also live where there
> is no broadband.

I can personally recommend these, too: although it's been many years
since I last used it. Worked very well with a variety of modem scripts
and PPP tools. I generally got a better transfer rate (not that I'd
split hairs over 2KB/s these days) than some other ones I tried, too.

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/