Re: Best way to upgrade Kde 3.3 (Sarge)

On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 08:46:28AM -0600, robert wrote:
> Hey list,
>
> What is the best way to upgrade KDE 3.3 using Sarge (3.1) to KDE 3.4.x?
>
> Thanks
>
> webguy
>

> --

Hello,

There are three ways I know of:

1) build kde using konstruct: http://developer.kde.org/build/konstruct/
2) upgrade your system to testing or unstable
3) find some backports

1 will build a nice KDE for one user, which might be what you want. It
will not help if you need patches later.

2 is risky and will mean spending a lot of time keeping your system
running, but is the only real way to get bleeding edge stuff in debian.

3 is good if you find a good set of packages but can be a mess
otherwise.

If I were you, I could look for a good set of backports, and failing
that build it with konstuct.

Pete