Re: WordPerfect 8.0 considered harmful

Marc Shapiro wrote:
> Caldera purchased some of the assets of SCO, including the SCO name.

Novell, SuSE, TrollTech (KDE's Qt), SCO, Caldera.
They (and more) are all tied together though the Canopy Group.
I wouldn't be suprised to see Corel as another one.

> SCO then renamed itself Tarantella.
> Caldera renamed itself The SCO Group

..... and then bought back several Tarantella assets.

> The SCO Group has been trying to sue everyone.

The Canopy Group pulls their strings. Ray Noorda left Novell to form
Caldera. He also founded the Canopy Group. Ray is an old man with
vultures circling over his money.