Re: A few general questions from a Debian newbie

On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 09:52 +0100, Juraj Fedel wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 10:22:02AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > Clarification:
> > When etch transitions from Testing to Stable, all the packages
> > (including, by that time, OpenOffice.org 2) will stay in etch/Stable.
>
> Is there any known timeline when this my happen?

No, not really.  There are plans and desires and hopes, but they
bear no reflection on reality. :(

That's one of the reason why people who use testing and/or Sid
stick with those branches.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"There's no obfuscated Perl contest because it's pointless."
Jeff Polk