Re: Where to download Debian 1.2?

* loos <loos@qt1.iq.usp.br> [2005 Nov 18 21:00 -0600]:
> Em Sex, 2005-11-18 às 18:31 -0600, Nate Bargmann escreveu:
> > * Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> [2005 Nov 18 12:07 -0600]:
> > > Hi Manou again,
> > >
> > > There are archived ISO's on <http://www.ibiblio.org/>.
> >
> > Link please.  I've looked and I can't find anything older than 1.3.1.
> > If you know where ISOs are for 1.1 and 1.2, I'm sure archive.debian.org
> > would love to have a copy for their archives.
> >

> http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/historic-linux/distributions/debian/1.1/i386/buzz/
>
> there you find the 6 floppies (rescue/root/base1-4)
> and all the debs.
>
> Good times memories. (My first debian installation was in 1995)

I guess the http://archive.debian.org people need to be directed there
as they say they only have source available for 1.1 and 1.2.  The
Ibiblio archive does not have 1.2 through 2.x, however.

Looking Buzz over, I see that it included kernel 2.0.0-0.  I guess they
had a lot of faith in .0 releases.  ;-)

It's nice to know that a person can still go back and experience first
hand Debian as it existed almost a decade ago.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of
             My Kawasaki KZ-650 SR @            |     a GNU generation!"