Re: WordPerfect 8.0

Patrick Wiseman wrote:
I don't use WP8 for its file format! I use it because it remains the best word processor out there, especially because of its "Reveal Codes" function which no other word processor does as well, that I've seen anyway. And if OO.o2 is anything like OO.o, it's bloatware. WP8 may have its flaws, but it remains my word processor of choice. And I'm running it on a current testing system. (And, no, I don't want to get into an argument about the merits; others have their word processor of choice. I just want the same.)

I won't give you any arguments. If it is the software that you like and not a need for the format, then that is your choice and your right. That's what linux is all about -- choice! I will also admit that the reveal codes option was the greatest idea since the wheel. I used it in WP 5.1 a LOT, not as much in WP8, though. I wish that other word processors would start using it, too. It seems like such an easy thing, I don't know why others have not picked it up.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com