Re: Upgrading to linux-2.6.14.2

Jeff --

I ran into a kernel panic problem when installing 2.6.14 as well. If
you're sure that you've compiled the generic IDE drivers and the
filesystem drivers that you're using for your root filesytem into the
kernel, check that "Advanced parition selection" is not compiled at all.
Using menuconfig, this is under:

File systems -> Parition Types -> Advanced partition selection

If it was previously selected, recompile without it and see it you can
boot. If this doesn't work, we'll need more details about the messages
you're getting before the panic.

Let me know if this helped. I'm curious.

martin