Re: pcmcia + acpi + suspend2 seems impossible...

On 11/15/05, Eric van der Paardt <evdp@bishopfixtures.com> wrote:
> [...]
hmm.  Don't have the laptop on me right now, but I know I bring down
the PCMCIA interface before hibernation using the "hibernate" script.
I think the "unregister_netdevice" issue is a problem with the latest
kernel, as I haven't really seen it with earlier (2.6.12) kernels.

I'm wondering whether either one of you could send me a .config for a
working kernel -- Eric, sounds like you don't necessarily have access
to yours all the time -- but It would be nice to see if soneone else's
config also broke on my system, or whether the problem is in my
configuration.

A bummer about ACPI.  I actually find that, with the exception of
rendering cardbus *unusable* on my machine, acpi seems to work pretty
well for me, at least with the most recent kernel.  I was reminded of
why I like it today during lecture, when I went to move my laptop off
a piece of paper it was sitting on, accidentally hit the power switch,
and powered off accidentally!  It would be nice if the power button
could be mapped to something else, like e.g. a dialog "do you really
want to turn off your computer?"

Anyway thanks, I will certainly add some additional protection to the
suspend script & see if that helps.

Matt