Re: Request to remove Information

cmetzler@speakeasy.net wrote:
> That seems like a bit of an ad hominem oversimplification.  I have no
> doubt that there are *some* people who whine about jobs being outsourced
> overseas because it makes it tougher to "make as much money as possible."
> But I also have no doubt that there are *some* people who whine about
> jobs being outsourced overseas because it makes it tougher to feed their
> children and pay their rent -- something somewhat different from
> wanting to "make as much money as possible."

    Nope, exactly the same.  In fact, IMHO, quite a bit more selfish.  "Yes,
because I chose to have children I believe it is the responsibility of OTHER
PEOPLE to ensure I have a job to feed and clothe them."  Nope, what that money
is spent on is irrelevant to the fact that every time I see people whining
about it they're whining how it is always going to people who are willing to
work for less than the whiners are willing to work for.

    Look, I work in the tech sector.  In fact in the past 4 years I might have
worked a little over 15 months because of the general slump in jobs and glut
in tech workers.  Am I bitching about corporations outsourcing jobs overseas?
 Hell no!  Am I bitching that they're making the exact same decisions I make
on a daily basis?  Hell no!

     I direct my ire where it is deserved.  If the cost of doing business and
hiring workers in this nation weren't so restrictive and stifling there would
be more domestic jobs, period.  I blame the vote pandering politicians, their
pork projects and the joes on the street who are ignorant of the basic
principles of a free market who voted themselves out of a job by encouraging
the idiocy and preventing any meaningful progress and reform.