Re: Request to remove Information

Steve Lamb wrote:
>     Let's see, corporations want to make as much money as possible.  Yet every
> person who is bitching about exported jobs is really bitching about what....
>
>     ...oh yeah, how the corporation is preventing *them* from making as much
> money as possible.  Demonizing the very behavior they're engaged in.  That's
> smart.

I beg to differ.  I, at least, am trying to avoid ending up living in a
cardboard box or milking social services. Most of us, I think, just want
to be able to live without worrying about how we're going pay the
mortgage, etc., which is absolutely impossible with $0 coming in. I'm
engaged in trying to survive.  I don't need a shitload of $$$ to
survive, but I do need the ability to earn _something_. Since these
large corporations[1] wouldn't offer me the chance to work for them[2],
it's now "DIY" with regards to earning an income to pay the mortgage,
and I'm now a competitor.  Screw them.

> cmetzler@speakeasy.net wrote:
>> That seems like a bit of an ad hominem oversimplification.  I have no
>> doubt that there are *some* people who whine about jobs being outsourced
>> overseas because it makes it tougher to "make as much money as possible."
>> But I also have no doubt that there are *some* people who whine about
>> jobs being outsourced overseas because it makes it tougher to feed their
>> children and pay their rent -- something somewhat different from
>> wanting to "make as much money as possible."

Agreed.

>     Nope, exactly the same.

eh?

> In fact, IMHO, quite a bit more selfish. "Yes, because I chose to
> have children I believe it is the responsibility of OTHER PEOPLE to
> ensure I have a job to feed and clothe them."

"Since I chose to be _born_ it is the responsibility of OTHER PEOPLE to
ensure I have a job to feed and clothe myself"?!  Yeah, OK. I didn't
choose to be born, nor did I elect the asshat politicians that are
allowing this crap domestically to happen. I'm not bitching because I
can't buy another house or because I can't get the latest toys on the
market.  I'm bitching because their collective greed is making it hard
for anyone to be able to find work in order to simply _get by_.

> Nope, what that money is spent on is irrelevant to the fact that
> every time I see people whining about it they're whining how it is
> always going to people who are willing to work for less than the
> whiners are willing to work for.

While in your eyes I may be classified as a "whiner", for me it wasn't a
problem that I wasn't able to 'make as much money as possible'. The
problem for me was that I couldn't make any at all.  Most of the jobs I
would interview for would tell me that I was overqualified. Those that
were willing to take a chance on me changed their minds after doing
their background check and finding out how much I had earned previously.
 Right from the start I was willing to take a pay cut, and after several
months I was willing 'lower myself'[3] to doing anything whatsoever, be
it retail, changing diapers on adults in nursing homes, whatever.

I was out of the running even though I wasn't applying for positions
that had anything to do with computers.  Just because of the schooling,
knowledge, and previous pay that I had attained, I was overlooked for
the chance of ANY positions for ANY pay, including jobs that were at
minimum wage.  I just wanted *something* since *anything* would be
better than $0.

Trying to obtain work outside of my field for digging ditches, packing
groceries, and changing adult diapers doesn't describe trying to "make
as much money as possible", it's "trying to get by" so I'm not on the
street and so I'm not raping welfare benefits.

>      I direct my ire where it is deserved.  If the cost of doing business and
> hiring workers in this nation weren't so restrictive and stifling there would
> be more domestic jobs, period.  I blame the vote pandering politicians, their
> pork projects

While there are some that probably go through trying to "make as much as
possible," that surely doesn't apply to everyone.  It's the plain greed
that pisses me off with the corporations, as well as the politicians.
How many yachts or mansions does one person need?

Yes, I realize that all that I've written probably doesn't mean squat.

/me gets ready to leave to meet with one of his clients...