Re: Request to remove Information

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 15:26 +0100, Robert Waldner wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 06:05:51 PST, Steve Lamb writes:
> >> Thanks to asshat US Corporations like yours, I was out of work for 13
> >> $#@^ing months because my job was shipped to India.
>
> >    Yes, because making money is such a crime in a free market society.  So
> >much so that when corporations do it it's bad but when individuals do it, it's
> >good.
> >
> >    Maybe if you started barking up the right tree there'd be some progress.
> >Here's a hint; *why* are corporations often shipping jobs overseas?  Don't say
> >"cheap labor" and leave it at that.
>
> Because with a "globalized" capitalism it's an arms race to the bottom:
>  whoever has the lowest wages

Not "lowest wages", but "highest productivity", which is "lowest
cost per unit", whether that's widgets or SLOCs.

>                      /taxes, the laxest environment laws etc. wins.

Lax environmental laws are definitely an issue for manufacturers.

On CSPAN the other day, I saw the Big Oil CEOs say, in response
to  question, that it would take 2x as long to get an oil refinery
on-line, from "decision to build" to "first gasoline", here in the
States, as opposed to China, because of regulations, lawsuits, etc.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

After listening to many White House, Pentagon & CENTCOM briefings
in both Gulf Wars, it is my firm belief that most "senior
correspondents" either have serious agendas that don't get shaken
by facts, or are dumb as dog feces.