unregister_netdevice

Hi folks,

with a new 2.6.14 kernel, I am getting this message:

unregister_netdevice: waiting for eth0 to become free.  Usage count = 5

repeated ad nauseum in dmesg after ejecting my pcmcia nic (xircom
something or other, rebranded by IBM).  not only can I not reload the
card, I am unable to shut down properly.  I see this has been reported
on the net as a kernel bug with previous kernel versions, and I'm
wondering whether, if the bug's poppedu p again, there's really any
thing to do.

thanks,
Matt