Re: Request to remove Information

On 20:45, Fri 11 Nov 05, Maxim Vexler wrote:
> On 11/11/05, Mitch Wiedemann <mitch@ithacafreesoftware.org> wrote:
> > Weissgerber, Tom L wrote:
> >
> > > //Debian,//
> > >
> > > //The following information should not have been made available to the
> > > entire public domain. Please remove the following links/files at your
> > > earliest convenience. //
> > >
> > //
> > I don't know how to break this to you Tom, but the message thread has
> > already been mirrored and cached by Google.  I think you might need a
> > Plan B at this point.
> >
> > Also, tell your bosses to reconsider moving the work out of the U.S.
> > Oh, and also to reject implementing DRM and other freedom-trampling
> > "features" in Intel hardware.  That would make Free Software users very
> > happy.
> >
> > I hope your day gets better.
> >

> > --
> >

> Intel inside, and no way out !
>
> ;)
>

> btw, Please forward this message to him as well :
> "No freedom = No happy customers = No business = No job" (=...)
>

> --
> Cheers,
> Maxim Vexler (hq4ever).
>
> Do u GNU ?

> Intel inside, and no way out !

LOL, is this the DoH moment!

I have to agree even if the request is polite, it would of
been better to leave sleeping dog lie. Now as mentioned in
the early posts it will bring unwanted attention. Kind of
like telling someone not to look, at that big wart on
someone's face.

I also find the timing a little interesting, all this will
do is enrage the community and encourge people to use other
Processors, hardware. Now if ten or more people in their
company IT department read this and cancel orders, or buy
other hardware how it could make a small impact on the
bottom line. If your bosses are upset now, just wait until
they have a scape goat to blame for lost sales and the PR
nightmare that this could bring.

Just look at the Sony root kit nightmare, I am sure at one
point everyone at Sony tought it was a good idea, in fact
some still do but at least they have to be accountable now.

Gnu_Raiz