Re: OpenOffice 2 on Sarge?

Joseph Haig wrote:

I think the sensible options are:

  1) Get the package directly from OpenOffice.org
  2) Create a backport (and let me have a copy, please  ;-) )
  3) Upgrade to sid

I have DLd the tarball from OOo, but I have a few questions before I go any farther.

After creating the .debs will installing them remove OOo-1.x? If so, am I likely to run into any problems with OOo-2? If so, can I just uninstall all of the V2 stuff and reinstall the V1 stuff (I still have the .debs in /var/cache/apt/archives)?

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com