Re: OpenOffice 2 on Sarge?

--- Clive Menzies <clive@clivemenzies.co.uk> wrote:

> On (09/11/05 12:08), Eriberto wrote:
> > David Mummery escreveu:
> > >How can I install OpenOffice 2 on Sarge? Haven't found much useful
> info on
> > >the
> > >web yet.
> >
> > OpenOffice 2 is available on unstable repository.
>
> It is but that version is unlikely to work on sarge (different
> dependencies etc.)

I can confirm this.  I tried this as a test, getting all the necessary
dependencies from testing and unstable but there was at least one
package (libmyspell3c2) which required the removal of another package
from stable (libmyspell3) leading to other things needing upgrading,
such as gnome.

I think the sensible options are:

  1) Get the package directly from OpenOffice.org
  2) Create a backport (and let me have a copy, please  ;-) )
  3) Upgrade to sid

Bye,

Joe