Re: Testing vs. Stable

On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 17:49 +0200, Rafi Gabzu wrote:
> Hi,
> 1. After installing the "Testing"  release , is it possible to upgrade
> it to the "stable" release ?

no. that would be considered a downgrade. downgrades may work, but are
not "guaranteed" to.

> 2. When installing "Testing", do I always stay in the "Testing"
> phase ,or after it finally become "stable"  I become stable too ...?

that depends if you are using the name of the release or the word
'testing' in your sources.list file.

if you are using 'testing' in your sources.list then you will be using
testing when testing becomes stable. if you use the release name, say
'etch' (current testing), then when etch turns stable you will be
running stable as well.

-matt zagrabelny