Re: Testing vs. Stable

On Thu November 10 2005 07:49 am, Rafi Gabzu wrote:
> Hi,
> 1. After installing the "Testing" release , is it possible to upgrade it to
> the "stable" release ?

That is unsupported. I have read where some folks have managed it, but I never
have. Most likely the only way to get back to stable from testing is a
reinstall.

> 2. When installing "Testing", do I always stay in the "Testing" phase ,or
> after it finally become "stable" I become stable too ...?

If you change "testing" to "etch" in /etc/apt/sources.list your system will
always follow etch, when etch becomes stable you'll already have it.