Re: looking for a transparent hardware RAID controller for debian

On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 04:40:33PM +0000, enediel gonzalez wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm looking for a transparent hardware RAID controller to implement a RAID1 for
> the debian,
> ?Is it possible to find a RAID controller on the market (no matter for IDE,
> SATA, SCSI hard drives) that at the moment of the debian installation, it will
> see one hard drive on the box
> ?
>
> We tested a few motherboards with RAID controller included, etc, etc, etc, but
> until today we don't have the right answer for this question.
>
> I'll appreciate if somebody give me the controller model that finally we help
> us solve this question.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help

Consider using software RAID.  To get a reliable RAID card, you would
need to spend in excess of $US 1000.  Unless your application requires
very high reliability, this is probably an unnecessary expenditure.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto