Re: looking for a transparent hardware RAID controller for debian

On 11/9/05, enediel gonzalez <enediel@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm looking for a transparent hardware RAID controller to implement a RAID1
> for the debian,
> ?Is it possible to find a RAID controller on the market (no matter for IDE,
> SATA, SCSI hard drives) that at the moment of the debian installation, it
> will see one hard drive on the box
> ?
>
> We tested a few motherboards with RAID controller included, etc, etc, etc,
> but until today we don't have the right answer for this question.
>
> I'll appreciate if somebody give me the controller model that finally we
> help us solve this question.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help
>
> Best regards
> Enediel

The 3ware 8xxx and 9xxx IDE/SATA series cards work very well in our
experience -- better than any SCSI RAID card I've ever used (although
admittedly I haven't spent thousands on a single card yet). The 9xxx
is supported when you install Sarge with the 2.6 kernel, out of the
box.