Re: keyboard quit working after kde upgrade, testing

On Wednesday 09 November 2005 05:42, mailmanmike@sbcglobal.net wrote:
> Debian testing, after a dist-upgrade a few days ago which included lots of
> kde upgrades, the keyboard no longer works in X.
> It will work in a console. It seems to be not working with KDM. I have
> googled and found no solution.
> Ideas are appreciated.
> Thanks
If you do a startx from a console and then look at the messages you may
find that the X configuration for your keyboard is wrong.  startx is quite
verbose so redirect the output to a file and then use a command line editor
(nano is always there) to view it.

David