Re: Suspend to disk

On 11/8/05, Mike McCarty <mike.mccarty@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Antonio Paiva wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > I'm currently using Debian testing (started with Sarge and upgraded to
> > Etch), and I would like to know if anyone was able to reliably suspend
> > its computer to disk. If so, could you tell me how?
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> Please, if you get any progress or regress, let us know! I'd
> love to be able to have my UPS make my computer suspend to
> disc when it started to run down.

for that I'm pretty sure you would want both suspend2 (suspends very
reliably, make your kernel w/out initrd though which means ext2 & ext3
as pats of kernel, not as modules) & acpi (reads power-related signals
from power button etc).  I have both working on a desktop w/ 2.6.13.4
kernel, I love it!  Now if only I could get suspend2, acpi, and pcmcia
all working in the smae kernel build, my laptop would be just as good
(sigh).

matt