Re: dialup modem recommendation for debian sagre?

John M. Gabriele wrote:

> Go to a used computer shop (if there are any around you); they'll
> probably have a box of them stripped from old systems that they're
> not doing anything with.

Yes, that is the way to go. A couple of weeks ago somone threw away an
IBM PC in the basement of my building. The person stripped out
everything he could (even the EDO RAM). But I think he didn't need the
modem. I took it out and tested it on my box. Luckily it was USR 56K*
V.92 Performance Pro Modem 5610b. Works like a charm using wvdial :)

Its hard to find a hardware dialup modem here, and if you do find them
they are around $70. So that find was a really nice one for me.

Good Luck
/kds