Re: dialup modem recommendation for debian sagre?

On Monday 07 November 2005 11:22 am, Bruno Buys wrote:
> John M. Gabriele wrote:
> >--- Bruno Buys <brunobuys@gmail.com> wrote:

> >>I was referring to the usr.
> >
> >Most internal PCI modems -- that aren't winmodems -- will work fine
> >with Sarge; whether they're U.S. Robotics or not.
> >
> >Go to a used computer shop (if there are any around you); they'll
> >probably have a box of them stripped from old systems that they're
> >not doing anything with.
>
> I can do that. Thanks John.

I have an X-media v.92 56k serial modem that I used just last month
before moving up to DSL. It worked great with WVDIAL and
a quick setup in Debian. It's for sale if you're interested. Contact me
via email at:  trailnut707 AT Yahoo DOT com
if you're interested.

--Rob