Re: What's your favourite FLOSS?

Derek Broughton wrote:

> John L Fjellstad wrote:
>
>> Derek Broughton <news@pointerstop.ca> writes:
>>
>>> I pretty much think it _must_ be a corrupted DB, but rescanning has no
>>> effect.  I really have to take the time to figure out how to put the DB
>>> into MySQL, because I really do like Amarok, otherwise (though it should
>>> really let me add .wav files to the collection).
>>
>> Well, the db is in ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok, and the file is
>> collection.db.  Maybe just deleting this will help?  I think I had
>> similar problems back before Sarge went stable, and I think I just
>> deleted the amarok directory.  I don't remember for
>> 1.2.3 (Sarge version), but amaroK for Sid (v 1.3.5) has an option to put
>> stuff in a MySQL db.
>>
> The current Ubuntu version supports MySQL, too, so I was planning to set
> that up, but just haven't got around to it yet.  But maybe I'll start by
> just deleting that collection.db and see what happens.  Thanks.

I deleted the connection.db and rescanned a number of times, and that didn't
work.  I changed the database to MySQL and that _half_ worked.  So finally
I broke down and read the Wiki documentation at:
  http://amarok.kde.org/amarokwiki/index.php/MySQL_HowTo
and set up the MySQL database exactly as specified and it's now working
properly.  It appears that Amarok will create the database if it doesn't
already exist, but seems to fail to grant some rights or create some table.

Anyway, Amarok is now my favorite audio player :-)
--
derek