Re: Can't write to external 160 gigs usb hard drive

On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 11:11:48PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 23:39 -0500, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:

> Writing to NTFS partitions is fraught with risk.  If you need to
> share data with MSFT systems, reformat the disk as FAT32.

Solution:
connect it, start parted

$ parted /dev/sde

remove all partitions, make a new label; make new partitions with new
file systems (I chose ext2, one small fat32)

commands: rm ; mklabel; mkpartfs

To verify, print to the screen, then quit

commands: print; quit

Remark: cfdisk failed miserably, may be because didn't change the label
	of the disk and udev was reading from it and mounting it NTFS,
	whatever reason, after using cfdisk NTFS still remained. (¿?)