Re: How To Access Internal USB 6-in-1 Card Reader and CF Memory Card?

On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 23:09 -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 20:21 -0800, Scarletdown wrote:
> > Just yesterday, I picked up a 6-in-1 internal USB card reader at a
> > thrift store. (For $1.95, I couldn't pass it up). So anyway, I'm now at
> > a bit of a loss as to how to access it. I have it installed and plugged
> > into one of the internal USB connectors on the motherboard, and
> > apparently, the OS sees it, as evidenced by the output from the
> > following operations:
> >

> > So what invocation to I need to perform to actually be able to access
> > the CF card with cfdisk and then the mount command? I tried cfdisk
> > with /dev/sdd1, /dev/sdd2, /dev/sdd3, and /dev/sdd4, and just got:
> >

> > FATAL ERROR: Cannot open disk drive
>
> Have you looked in dmesg or /var/log/syslog?

All that was in /var/log/syslog was cron output and various samba
messages detailing a seemingly endless "squabble" between my system and
my roommate's (XP Pro...yecch) over who gets to be the masterbrowser.

dmesg provided some info that may or may not be useful.

Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
usb 1-3: reset full speed USB device using address 3
scsi: Device offlined - not ready after error recovery: host 0 channel 0
id 0 lun 0
USB Mass Storage device found at 3
usbcore: registered new driver usb-storage
USB Mass Storage support registered.

I still don't see anything that gives a clue as to how I would reference
the CF card in the reader with the cfdisk command.