Shortcut with Mozilla and a french keyboard

Hi,

I can't use the nice shortcut : Ctrl+2 to access my messages with
Mozilla. I have a french keyboard, and the key '2', is 'é' in
lowercase, so I need to press shift to get the number 2. But it does
not work it print in the search bar :  . Without shift it makes
nothing. With Caps Lock pressed I have the lovely É (Accented upper
case are a must-have once you've try ! But everybody seems to forget
them ! ).
I'm using Kde on debian testing.
Does anyone know how to do it ? (Or the magic keywords on google ?)

--
Pooly
Webzine Rock : http://www.w-fenec.org/