Re: Sid, problems with 2.6.14

Curt Howland wrote:
Hi, yall. I pulled down 2.6.14 yesterday with the usual topping off of the tank, as it were, and tried it out today.

LILO puts up the usual "......" for loading, then bam, black screen. There's some disk access for about 10 seconds, then nothing and the CPU fan starts spinning up like it's utilizing 100%.

I do have the Knoppix sourced "vga=791" for a decent console screen, but that's worked since kernel 2.2.x.

Is anyone else having difficulties with 2.6.14? I revert to 2.6.12 and everything runs just fine.

I run 2.6.14-ck1 with fbsplash and vesafb-tng from Spock:
http://dev.gentoo.org/~spock/projects/vesafb-tng/
Runs perfectly.
Don't use prefetch.
http://members.optusnet.com.au/ckolivas/kernel/