Re: Server hardware for Sarge

On Monday 31 October 2005 13:40, Siju George wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Could some one please recommend a fully supported Server hardware from
> vendors such as IBM, Dell, HP etc. I 've been running servers on amd
> athlon till now but am presently in need of some server class
> hardware. looking forward for some good recommendations.
>
> Thankyou so much
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Siju

We run various Debian Sarge on;

Dell 2650
Dell 650

The servers are specked with 1000MB ethernet, Dual Xeon processors and run
RAID 5 and RAID 1.

We haven't encountered problems (in-fact were very happy), but you may have
some setup issues with RAID depending on hardware?

We also run some servers from DNUK and these are specked to your requirements
so it will be difficult judge how they will perform for you.

The Dells are better, but more expensive...

Hope this helps

Steve