Re: What blocks access to my host?

On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 08:10:25PM -0500, Mitch Wiedemann wrote:
> Is there a telnet *daemon* running on the computer?  telnet to localhost
> and telnet from another computer on the subnet are two very different
> things.

And did you perhaps note from his example that he was using the telnet
client to test the tcp connection to port 25?  And no, "telnet to
localhost" and "telnet from another computer" are *not* two very different
things.

Both require a listener.  The *same* listener.

Gods, it's like slashcrap.  No one reads.

--
 Marc Wilson |     What I need is a MATURE RELATIONSHIP with a FLOPPY
 msw@cox.net |     DISK ...