Re: Can't get grip to normalize before encoding.

Adam Funk wrote:
I have grip 3.3.1-4 installed and configured as follows:

Ripper: grip (cdparanoia)

Rip file format: /home/MISC/grip/%A--%d--%t--%n.wav

-20dB /home/MISC/grip/%A--%d--%t--%n.wav

Encoder: lame

etc.

It produces properly named and tagged wav and mp3 files, but
normalization does not take place.  All the files of both types have a
much higher volume than I want (for my MP3 player).

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Not knowing much about sound other than I listen to KUSC all the time...
Is this related perhaps to the note in the man page for normalize:
Unfortunately, many MP3 players do not support v2.4
tags (including xmms, as of this writing), and the RVA2 tag is not native in previous ID3 versions.
Is your MP3 player one of those?