Re: Can't get grip to normalize before encoding.

On Sunday 30 October 2005 00:40, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

> Not knowing much about sound other than I listen to KUSC all the
> time... Is this related perhaps to the note in the man page for
> normalize: ...
> Unfortunately, many MP3 players do not support v2.4
>         tags (including xmms, as of this writing), and the RVA2 tag is
> not native in previous ID3 versions.
> Is your MP3 player one of those?

My external MP3 player is one of those, but that just means that running
`normalize-audio -a -20dB *.mp3` will not have any audible effect when
I copy the files onto it and listen to them (off-line).

That's why I'm trying to normalize the WAV files between ripping and
encoding.