Re: Copy sarge updates

Mitch Wiedemann a écrit :

>Rodney D. Myers wrote:
>

>>On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 12:00:34 +0200
>>Florian Hengstberger <e0025265@stud3.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
>>

>>>Hi!
>>>Is there a possibility to copy all sarge updates
>>>to, say, a usb-drive, takes this home and update the debian
>>>system from this drive.
>>>I have limited bandwith (debian) and I want to use another
>>>host (windows) for this.
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>Florian
>>>

>>more than likely, it should work.
>>

>To build on this question, can someone tell us *how* or *where* to get
>all of the Sarge updates (security and otherwise) to put on the USB
>drive?  Is there a collection of these updated packages somewhere that
>can be downloaded?  Or would I have to get them from my apt package cache?

You can use debmirror to create a mirror of security.debian.org
somewhere on a usbkey, and use it with a 'file:' entry in your
sources.list. Example with an usbkey mounted on /media/usbkey. If you
want, you can create a CD with this directory and use the CD.

Create the mirror:
debmirror -e http -h security.debian.org -r debian-security
/media/usbkey/mirrors/debian-security -d sarge/updates -s
main,contrib,non-free -a i386 --nosource --postcleanup -p

Use it:
in sources.list, add 'deb file:/media/usbkey/mirrors/debian-security
sarge/updates main non-free contrib'

That all.

cu.