Re: Copy sarge updates

Rodney D. Myers wrote:

>On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 12:00:34 +0200
>Florian Hengstberger <e0025265@stud3.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
>

>>Hi!
>>Is there a possibility to copy all sarge updates
>>to, say, a usb-drive, takes this home and update the debian
>>system from this drive.
>>I have limited bandwith (debian) and I want to use another
>>host (windows) for this.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Florian
>>

>more than likely, it should work.

To build on this question, can someone tell us *how* or *where* to get
all of the Sarge updates (security and otherwise) to put on the USB
drive?  Is there a collection of these updated packages somewhere that
can be downloaded?  Or would I have to get them from my apt package cache?

I have a number of clients using Sarge, who also have dial-up, so
they'll need occasional off-line update capabilities.  It would be great
if I could get all of the updates and burn them to a CD along with a
script to do the updating.

--

Mitch Wiedemann
Webmaster - Ithaca Free Software Association