Re: how to close the nxclient session properly

Justin Guerin wrote:

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 17:08, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
I am using nxclient 1.5.0-113 downloaded from
http://www.nomachine.com/download.php on a Debian Sid machine.

On the client machine I run KDE. Inside this KDE session, when I run
nxclient (using the "available area" option in the general tab) then a
window pops up and connects to the server. When I close this window ( by
clicking on the X of the title bar of nxclient window), I will be given
an option to "suspend", "terminate", "cancel" the NX session. I always
choose "suspend" option so that I can start working from where I left
off.

But if I use the "FullScreen" option in the general tab while
configuring the nxclient, then when I run nxclient, it opens a nxclient
session in full screen. Now I do not know how to suspend the current NX
session and resume it later. Since it is run in full screen with no
window whatsoever, I cannot do the previous method of clicking on X of
the window title bar.

any ideas on how to overcome this problem?

thanks
raju

If you click in the upper right hand corner of your screen, the NX session will minimize.

In fullscreen mode even I click in the upper right hand cornet of the screen, the session does not minimize. What nxclient version are you running?

Right click on your NX session in your taskbar, and select close.

Really? In full screen mode, I cannot even see the taskbar.

The NX session will restore itself, and ask you if you want to suspend, terminate or cancel.

Pretty intuitive, huh? ;-)

I do not know if you are being sarcastic here. But when I run nxclient in fullscreen mode, There is no window bar or status bar.

bye
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi