Re: udevd: get_netlink_msg: no ACTION in payload found

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> > On Oct 26, Bill Wohler <wohler@newt.com> wrote:
> > > Anyone know what this message is all about? This began to appear after a
> > > recent upgrade whenever I mount a USB drive.
> > >
> > >   Oct 25 16:34:21 olgas udevd[1109]: get_netlink_msg: no ACTION in payload found, skip event 'mount'
> >
> > Kernel brokeness? Is some other user space application sending
>
> I also get it, I will try to help tracking it down.
>
> Kernel Debian 2.6.13-1 (from experimental, which is 2.6.13.3) + 2.6.3.4 diff.

Thanks. Evidently, this was not fixed in 2.6.13.

> > I have never seen anything like this, nor I have ever heard of "mount"
> > hotplug events. But if udev gets broken messages there is nothing it can
> > do about it.
>
> I see it on mounts caused by automount.  I don't see it on mounts caused by
> mount.  So, we have one possible culprit.
>
> Bill, are you also using automount?

Nope. I'm not using automount for any mounts on this particular laptop.
I'm using entries from /etc/fstab, such as this:

  /dev/sda1       /media/usb0     auto    user,noauto             0       0

p.s. I've added a bug report and cc'd 335814@bugs.debian.org to this
message in case this discussion helps the linux-image-2.6.12-1-686
package maintainer