FW: Sarge Installation

> > 1.: ntlmaps runs with python, so I had to install ntlmaps,
> > python and all dependencies 'by hand' with 'dpkg -i ...'
> > Is it possible to let apt-get know that I installed the
> > packages and to correct all internal dependencies?
> > (I already tried 'apt-get update' 'apt-get upgrade -f cycle')
>
> If you install stuff with dpkg, apt should ALREADY know about
> it.  dpkg and apt-get are parts of the same (apt) program suite.

when I run 'apt-get install locales', I get:
---
the following packages have unmet dependencies:
locales: Depends: glibc-2.3.2.ds1-22
E: Broken packages
---

When I run 'apt-get install glibc-2.3.2.ds1-22', I get:
---
Note, selecting libc instead of glibc-2.3.2.ds1-22
libc is already the newest version
---

When I run 'apt-get remove glibc-2.3.2.ds1-22', I get a list of all
programs I installed, that would also be removed because of the
dependencies, and I don't want that.

Can anybody help me?
Thanks in advance!

> > 2.: I want to finish the setup because there are lot's of things
> > unconfigured and only 'half-installed'. Is it possible to put the
> > system into the state just before the reboot, so that I can
> > reboot and
> > finish the setup?
>
> Why not just run base-config again (as root)?

I will do so. Just did'nt know the name of the configuration tool :-)

Greetings,
Marcus