Re: udevd: get_netlink_msg: no ACTION in payload found

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Oct 26, Bill Wohler <wohler@newt.com> wrote:
> > Anyone know what this message is all about? This began to appear after a
> > recent upgrade whenever I mount a USB drive.
> >
> >   Oct 25 16:34:21 olgas udevd[1109]: get_netlink_msg: no ACTION in payload found, skip event 'mount'
>
> Kernel brokeness? Is some other user space application sending

I also get it, I will try to help tracking it down.

Kernel Debian 2.6.13-1 (from experimental, which is 2.6.13.3) + 2.6.3.4 diff.

> I have never seen anything like this, nor I have ever heard of "mount"
> hotplug events. But if udev gets broken messages there is nothing it can
> do about it.

I see it on mounts caused by automount.  I don't see it on mounts caused by
mount.  So, we have one possible culprit.

Bill, are you also using automount?

  Henrique Holschuh