Re: xdvi gets updated only if it is active window

On Sat, Oct 22, 2005 at 02:36:44AM -0400, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:

   > Let's say I have the .tex file opened in vim+vim-latexsuite and .dvi
   > file in xdvi opened side by side.  Since I have a big screen, I can fit
   > these two windows comfortably side by side. Now, when I press \ll in vim
   > window, things dont get updated in xdvi. They get updated only when I do
   > alt+tab to xdvi window. Instead if the xdvi gets updated without any
   > focus, I can see the changes right away and proceed with further editing
   > in the vim window itself.

What about when the file is being compiled and the dvi file is
corrupted, not yet complete, et al? I have crashed xdvi/yap by moving
over to that window when the file was still being compiled?

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                 GPG KeyID : F6A35935
  Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935