Re: xdvi gets updated only if it is active window

T wrote:

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:20:24 -0400, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:

foreground. Is there any way to update the contents automatically even if the xdvi window is not the active window?

why you want to do that?

Let's say I have the .tex file opened in vim+vim-latexsuite and .dvi file in xdvi opened side by side. Since I have a big screen, I can fit these two windows comfortably side by side. Now, when I press \ll in vim window, things dont get updated in xdvi. They get updated only when I do alt+tab to xdvi window. Instead if the xdvi gets updated without any focus, I can see the changes right away and proceed with further editing in the vim window itself.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/