Re: Writing technical text

On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 11:08:49PM -0500, Steve Block wrote:
> I think you've misunderstood one of the major purposes of XML, and that
> is to be descriptive in tag choices. This is still uncomprehensible and

That's what XSL is for.  I think *you* misunderstand XML: the tag names
don't mean a damn thing.  The brackets and slashes and individual
representation doesn't mean a damn thing.  XML only specifies an
infoset; any particular representation is meaningless.

<a>foo</a>  and

<MyVerySpecialThing> 		<!--	This is a foo thing -->

		foo

</MyVerySpecialThing>

are both identical XML.