Re: Writing technical text

On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 10:12:14PM -0400, William Ballard wrote:
On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 10:51:07AM +0100, Antony Gelberg wrote:
William Ballard wrote:
> Single-letter element-centric XML is fairly readable:
> > <o><t/>
> </o>

You are joking, right?

I have carried this kind of thing out to express an entire relational database, including emedded schema, lookups, and computed columns, as a concise XML document that is easy to grasp at a glance and easy to maintain by hand in an editor.

Here is an example.  Look f'd up to you?

Snipping out all the crap...

I think you've misunderstood one of the major purposes of XML, and that
is to be descriptive in tag choices. This is still uncomprehensible and
ugly. I will maintain that XML is meant to be parsed by machines and
that humans should be able to work with something else.

With XML as a valid storage mechanism of course. Like iTunes or OO.o.

--
Steve Block
http://ev-15.com/