Re: Writing technical text

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 07:47:43AM +0100, Joe Mc Cool wrote:

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 07:56:07PM -0400, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:

LaTeX is by far the best if you are writing a textbook.  However, there

Communications with O'Reilly lead me to believe that they are leaning
towards XML.

Is XML a "modern" possibility for serious book/paper preparation ?

It could be.  However, IMHO, anything dealing with mathematics (in which
I include CompSci) really should be using LaTeX.  Nothing can compare to
The support for mathematical notation and equations in LaTeX.

Absolutely true. When I started my blog esquipulas dot homeunix dot com, I was looking for a blog machine using LaTex. It does not exist, but what a chance. LaTex has it all and has had so for years.